A while ago when I was into Drag Racing, Baer Brakes was the name you thought of when you had to put the whoa on your drag car. While at SEMA I was drawn by the Geiser Bros Pro 2 truck sitting in their booth. It seems Baer is hitting the Desert and Short Course Off-road Racing scene full force.
Here we have the new T4 4-Piston Caliper, and you are seeing it first here in the pages of Prerunner Maniac.
Not set to be release until Winter/Spring of this year the T4 is best suited for prerunners and racing vehicles that are a bit lighter like the Pro-Lite Class.
Here are the specs we received from Baer Brakes:
T4 (Off-Road, Rally and Dirt Track, Competition) 4 piston caliper
Based on our T4 road going calipers, these hard-coat anodized versions are available in three different widths to work on a variety of different rotor thicknesses and diameters. Available brackets allow these calipers to replace popular CNC Calipers and others used in off-road racing and Dirt, Late Model applications.
- All calipers are CNC (computer numerically controlled) machined billet aluminum for the stiffest possible design.
- Internal crossover design and single bleeder, (a Baer exclusive!) mean less chance of damage due to debris
- Dust and weather seals increases intervals between rebuilds and overall longevity of the caliper
- No top bridge bolts pads cannot come out when calipers are worn due to mud packing in the wheels; a common occurrence in Short Course Racing!
- Calipers, CNC drilled and tapped, ready for bolt on wear plates; a Baer exclusive! means you may never have to replace the calipers from wear due to mud packing!
- Proprietary specification, stainless steel pistons offer maximum resistance to undesirable pedal fade due to brake fluid boiling
- Staggered piston bores to decrease and even eliminate end to end pad taper!
- Large radius opening at the top of the caliper virtually eliminates caliper flex results in better modulation (control) due to more consistent paedal feedback to the driver!
- D749 Pad backing plate (the same used on 98 to 2002 Camaro/Firebird/TransAm) is available from most manufacturers, in most compounds. Even available in most auto parts stores! Means you will never be left stranded or unable to play or race because you couldnt find pads! It also means that you will no longer be locked in to an undesirable pad compound simply because replacement pads are only available from the caliper manufacturer!
- All three widths, .375, 1.100/1.150 and 1.250 are CNC machined and manufactured in house specifically for the rotor thickness they are intended to be used on No more narrowing in the field or cheap steel shims used to change the caliper width! We do it for you, the right way!
- Radial mounting for the most flexibility in mounting design with optional ear mount brackets that let you directly replace popular CNC caliper designs without additional fabrication!
- 100% MADE IN THE USA!
4TSC (.375 thick rotor), part# Developed specifically for use on PROLight short course competition vehicles which use .375 thick rotors as manufactured by TubeWorks and others, this caliper is also well suited for use on medium to light weight vehicles used for desert racing applications.
4T (1.100/1.150 and 1.250) For use in Dirt Track and Short Course Off-Road competition; as well as desert racing where a lighter weight, vented rotor is desired. Great choice for lighter weight Trophy Light, Off-Road applications, class 1, 10 and Various Dirt Track competition. It is also an excellent choice for road going Pre-Runner applications and high travel, high horsepower sand cars.
All three versions are applicable for rotor diameters ranging from 11 (280mm) to 13 (330mm).