We received a press release about the King of the Hammers race held in Lucerne Valley California and decided to look into it. If you dont know about this race it combines Desert Racing and Rock Crawling in one event.
We here at Prerunner Maniac are not much for crawling, but rock racing is a bit different, so we figured it was worth a better look.
Here is the schedule of events for the 2009 King of the Hammers race:
King of the Hammers tentative schedules Feb. 23-27 2009.
Subject to change;
Monday Feb. 23
12:00pm 3:00pm Driver check in. Course map and GPS down loads. Bring a SD card if you wish to copy down load.
Raceline wheels main tent. Please see Melinda Foster Drivers liaison.
(Note: Melinda Foster Roxy Will be drivers main contact for race information)
Vendors begin move in. Please see Desiree Porter in Raceline wheels main tent.
(Note: Desiree Porter will be vendor liaison, and vendor contact for race information.)
Hammerking productions will not be hosting Pre running of the race course, Course workers will be marking course during week, please be advised and maintain a safe speed while enjoying the JVOHV area.
6:00pm: Raceline main tent;
Pre race address by Hammerking Production Inc.
Financial presentation, and 2009 race announcement.
Future of King of the Hammers Ultimate desert race.
- 10:00am- 2:00pm Driver check in, race maps, and GPS down loads available at Raceline main tent.
- Media package interviews by appointment. (Multiple locations.)
- Merchandise booth opens
- Vendor booth moves in 6:00pm – 6:30pm
"Making the most of your 15 minutes" seminar with Dustin Webster presented by Rockit Motorsports
- 6:30 PM – 8:00pm GPS basics seminar presented by PCI race radios
- 10:00 am 2:00pm final KOH driver check in, race maps and GPS down loads at Raceline main tent
- 10:00 am 2:00pm LCQ last chance check in and tech
Check in at Raceline main tent
LCQ tech located at BFGoodrich tires Main pit in contingency row.
- 12:00pm last chance to move vendors into contingency row.
- 4:00pm mandatory drivers meeting at Raceline main tent. (We will take row call please send a member of your team.) Meeting starts promptly.
- 5:00pm dinner hosted by raceline wheels meet and greet
- 6:00-8:00 pm TORR live broadcast
- 6:15 pm 7:15 pm Fire safety seminar. Hosted by Joe Hanson, and presented by DJ Safety.
- 7:15-8:15 pm Weatherman speaks Radio protocol with The weatherman, presented by PCI race radios.
Thursday Feb 26
- 8:00 am- 2:00pm Last chance qualifier race. KOH main camp start/ finish. Located on Backdoor trail
- 12:00 pm- 5:00pm Contingency and race tech for KOH in the center of main camp. All koh race vehicles must participate in race contingency. No vehicles will be admitted to contingency line after 5:00pm. Race suits and helmets are required at Tech inspection. Tech inspection located at the BFGoodrich tires semi in main camp.
- 6:00pm Volunteer raffle in the main tent. Presented by the KOH sponsors and race teams.
- 10:00 pm quiet hours in KOH main pits.
Friday Feb 27
- 6:00 am begin race line up staged outside assigned pit location. All cars must be staged by 7:30 am.
- 7:30 am opening ceremonies, Morning invocation. National Anthem. Grand Marshall Walker Evans.
- 8:00 am King of the Hammers 2009 begins. Race will start promptly at 8:00 am. 2 drivers at a time, 30 second intervals.
Check point closure to follow in your onsite information package.
- 5:00pm Race ends.
- 7:30 pm awards ceremony in Raceline main tent.
- 7:15 pm BFGoodrich tires presentation
- 8:00pm Raceline wheels presentation
- 8:30 pm Hammerking Productions closing ceremonies.
Sat Feb 28
All day Johnson Valley OHV area trail repair and clean up.
Post race trail ride with the stars of KOH.
Camp clean up.