The SNORE Rage at the River is the last race of the 2011 season for SNORE, and it seems they keep the best for last. This year we saw Terry Householder take the overall win for the weekend.
The SNORE Rage at the River race is held in Laughlin Nevada, on about a 12 mile course that literally runs through the city. There are different heat races based on the vehicle class you run in so slower vehicles aren’t mauled by Unlimited Trucks. It also makes for more exciting racing.
Saturday was a cold morning with a slight breeze that helped racers see on the dusty course. Sunday however was very calm and warm for this time of year which had to take a toll on the racers. Overall SNORE did a great job once again on this race.
The overall winner for the weekend was Terry Householder in the 124 truck. His combined time for the weekend was 2:03:39 for the 10 laps he ran. Terry also had the fasted time average on Saturday at 66.2 mph.
Kyle Conlon once again was on the podium with his second place overall finish. His total time for the weekend was just 5 minutes off Terry’s with a time of 2:08:11.
Then in 3rd was Adam Bosch in the #121 Unlimited Buggy with a time of 2:10:09 for the weekend.
Other winners in their class include:
- Unlimited Truck winner Steve Olliges in his 28 truck with a time of 02:29:06
- Class 12 winner Beau Rash in the 1221 buggy with a time of 02:22:32
- Class 13 winner Jordan Poole in the 1368 buggy with a time of 02:07:11
- Class 1450 winner was Ryan Desautels in the 1423 truck with a time of 01:49:50
- Class 15 winner Richard Blunk in the 1512 buggy with a time of 01:58:40
- Class 1600 winner Jason Coleman in the 1600 buggy with a time of 02:20:25
- Class 18 winner Daniel Maurer in the 1899 buggy with a time of 02:11:59
- Class 3000 winner Chas Dana in the 3021 buggy with a time of 02:37:45
- Class 5 winner Steve Alexander in the 500 buggy with a time of 02:37:45 (DNF)
- Class 5/1600 winner Raul Solano in the 554 buggy with a time of 02:15:06
- Class 7 winner Jason Rodriguez in the 7209 truck with a time of 02:21:09
- Class 9 winner Cody Rash in the 907 buggy with a time of 01:09:48 (DNF)
- Class Heavy Metal winner Dan Unsicker in the 848 truck with a time of 02:21:28
- Class 7s winner Robbie Cockrell in the 7129 truck with a time of 02:14:05
- Class Stock Bug winner Scott Wisdom in the 907 buggy with a time of 02:02:22
- Class Stock Full winner Robert Roglin in the 8115 truck with a time of 02:13:01 (DNF)
- Class UTV winner Jim Rossi in the 1999 UTV with a time of 02:28:06